Baker McKenzie took home 13 awards at the Euromoney Legal Media Group Women in Business Law Asia Awards 2021.
Among other accolades, Baker McKenzie won "Gender Diversity Initiative: International Firm of the Year", "Talent Management: International Firm of the Year", "Work-life Balance: International Firm of the Year", and "Hong Kong SAR Practice: International Firm of the Year". This is the second year running that the Firm has won an award in the former two categories. Baker McKenzie FenXun (FTZ) Joint Operation was named "China Practice: International Firm of the Year".
The Firm also won "Australia Firm of the Year" for the second consecutive year. Meanwhile, member firm Wong & Partners took home "Malaysia Firm of the Year" for the fifth year.
In addition, five lawyers were recognized as leading practitioners in their respective fields, while one lawyer was recognized as a rising star. They are:
- "Banking & Finance Lawyer of the Year" — Indri Pramitaswari (Mita) Guritno, Partner, HHP Law Firm, Indonesia
- "Patent Lawyer of the Year" — Helen Macpherson, Partner, Sydney
- "Tax Lawyer of the Year" — Simone Bridges, Partner, Sydney
- "Trademark Lawyer of the Year" — Divina Ilas-Panganiban, Partner, Quisumbing Torres, Manila
- "Trusts and Estate Lawyer of the Year" — Dawn Quek, Principal, Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow, Singapore
- "Tax Rising Star of the Year" — Janet Cho, Special Counsel, Sydney
"These awards are a testament to our unwavering commitment to fostering an inclusive, gender diverse working environment that supports the career progression of our lawyers in the workplace. They also reflect the individual accomplishments of some of our truly excellent women lawyers. I would like to congratulate our winners on their well-deserved awards," Michael Wong, Baker McKenzie's Asia Pacific Chair, said.
Michael continued, "With the COVID-19 pandemic placing new demands on everyone, our people's well-being has become even more vital. We have rolled out new initiatives aimed at enabling our people to better manage their work-life balance needs and make Baker McKenzie a great place to work. It is extremely pleasing to know that our efforts are being recognized."
The Euromoney Women in Business Law Awards recognizes lawyers who are influential and leading professionals in their chosen fields, as well as firms that have shown outstanding achievements in supporting the development of women in the legal profession across different continents.