Baker McKenzie’s Kyiv office has earned the most practice and lawyer rankings and recommendations in the new 2021 edition of Ukrainian Law Firms: a Handbook for Foreign Clients, an annual in-depth survey of the legal market in Ukraine. The top rankings demonstrate the firm’s position at the forefront of complex transactional, corporate and regulatory areas across multiple industries.
In the 2021 edition, the Kyiv office earned first position in four key practices and industries: Real Estate, Construction, Land; Labor & Employment; Retail; and Agribusiness.
The office was also named among the top five firms in relation to nine practice areas, namely: Antitrust & Competition, Banking & Finance, Corporate and M&A, Energy & Natural Resources, IT, Intellectual Property, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, Private Clients/Wealth Management, and Tax (Consulting).
The Kyiv office's Capital Markets, Fintech, Infrastructure (Countrywide), International Trade (Trade Remedies and WTO), Litigation (Domestic and Cross-Border), Telecommunications & Media, and Tax (Transfer Pricing) practices were also recognized by the edition.
In individual rankings, Managing Partner Serhiy Piontkovsky has been honored as an Authority in Energy & Natural Resources, and Real Estate, Construction and Land, and Managing Partner Serhiy Chorny has been acknowledged as an Authority in Banking & Finance.
In addition, six Kyiv lawyers have been recommended as Leading individuals by the directory:
- Partner Viacheslav Yakymchuk in Corporate and M&A
- Partner Hennadiy Voytsitskyi in Tax (consulting); he is also recognized as a Notable practitioner in Private Clients/Wealth Management and Transfer Pricing
- Partner Lina Nemchenko in Real Estate, Construction and Land
- Partner Ruslan Drobyazko in Intellectual Property
- Partner Olha Demianiuk in Corporate and M&A and Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
- Counsel Mariana Marchuk in Labor & Employment
Also, seven lawyers have been named Notable practitioners:
- Partner Oksana Simonova and Senior Associate Olga Mikheieva in Antitrust & Competition
- Partner Ihor Siusel in Litigation (Domestic)
- Counsel Oleksiy Stolyarenko in Intellectual Property; and IT, Telecommunications and Media
- Counsel Andrii Moskalyk in Energy & Natural Resources; Corporate & M&A; and Infrastructure (Port Infrastructure)
- Associate Olha Sviatenka in Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
- Associate Roman Koren in Tax (Consulting)
About Ukrainian Law Firms: A Handbook for Foreign Clients (ULF)
Conducted annually for the past 19 years, the ULF publication has become a leading source of benchmarking information for Ukraine. It presents exclusive expert contribution from practicing lawyers, as well as the results of research of the Ukrainian legal market, which is conducted on an annual basis (http://ukrainianlawfirms.com).