The Firm has also been recognized in 15 transactional and advisory practice areas across Asia and the Middle East and Africa region.
Baker McKenzie is pleased to announce that for the 12th consecutive year, it has been voted as the "Most Responsive Law Firm" in more jurisdictions than any other law firm across the Asia Pacific region, according to In-House Community (IHC) 2021 Firm of the Year Award.
Baker McKenzie has been voted by corporate counsel and business leaders as the "Most Responsive International Firm of the Year" in 11 jurisdictions, including in China, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, South Africa, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam. The Firm was also awarded "Firm of the Year" in 15 practice areas across Asia, United Arab Emirates and South Africa.
"Today's business environment has become a lot more complex. Global pandemic, economic uncertainty, heightened regulatory scrutiny and digital disruption, among other variables, have put enormous pressure on organizations. We recognize the challenges that our clients face, and are committed to bringing them agile and robust solutions that can help our clients mitigate risks and identify opportunities," Michael Wong, Baker McKenzie's Asia Pacific Chair, said.
Esteban Raventos, Baker McKenzie’s EMEA Chair, added: "It is extremely gratifying to see that our efforts are well recognized by our clients and the general business community. We would like to thank our clients for entrusting us to act on their most complex and high profile matters; In-House Community for this recognition; and our lawyers and staff, who continue to work relentlessly to deliver high-value service to our clients."
The survey, conducted by In-house Community, contacted 17,000 in-house counsel and buyers of legal services across Asia, and the Middle East and Africa region to determine the stand-out performers. Respondents were asked to comment on which law firms made the most impression on them over the past year, in terms of responsiveness and their satisfaction with the work done. Firms are then assessed based on these client testimonials, with votes aggregated to select the winning firms in each category across the jurisdictions.
The practice categories in which Baker McKenzie and its member firms were named 'Firm of the Year' in the respective jurisdictions include:
- Alternative Investment Funds (including Private Equity) -Hong Kong and Thailand
- Antitrust / Competition - Malaysia (Wong & Partners), Thailand, South Africa and United Arab Emirates (Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla)
- Banking & Finance - Hong Kong, Thailand and Philippines (Quisumbing Torres)
- Compliance / Regulatory - Hong Kong and South Africa
- Corporate and M&A - Thailand
- Employment - Thailand and Philippines (Quisumbing Torres)
- Energy & Natural Resources - Thailand
- Insurance - Thailand
- Intellectual Property - China (Baker McKenzie FenXun Joint Operation), Malaysia (Wong & Partners) and Philippines (Quisumbing Torres)
- International Arbitration - Philippines (Quisumbing Torres) and United Arab Emirates (Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla)
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution - Hong Kong, Thailand, South Africa and United Arab Emirates (Baker McKenzie Habib Al Mulla)
- Projects and Project Financing - Thailand
- Real Estate/ Construction - Thailand
- Taxation - Thailand
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology - Thailand