Nine practices and nine lawyers from Baker McKenzie Kyiv have been ranked in the top bands in the recently released Chambers Europe 2021, a leading international legal guide.
Our practices earned five Band 1 rankings across Banking and Finance, Corporate/M&A, Employment, Intellectual Property and Real Estate, and four Band 2 rankings for Competition/Antitrust, Energy and Natural Resources, Restructuring/Insolvency and Tax. Remarkably, the Real Estate practice remains the only one among its Ukrainian competitors to be listed in Band 1 for another consecutive year.
In individual rankings, nine lawyers, including heads of practices, have been recommended as top-three practitioners in Chambers Europe 2021.
- Serhiy Chorny in Banking and Finance (Band 1), Restructuring/Insolvency (Band 1)
- Serhiy Piontkovsky in Real Estate (Band 1) and Energy and Natural Resources (Band 3)
- Viacheslav Yakymchuk in Corporate/M&A (Band 1)
- Lina Nemchenko in Real Estate (Band 1)
- Hennadiy Voytsitskyi in Tax (Band 1)
- Ruslan Drobyazko in Intellectual Property (Band 1)
- Mariana Marchuk in Employment (Band 1)
- Oksana Simonova in Competition/Antitrust (Band 2)
- Olha Demianiuk in Corporate/M&A (Band 3)
As for the European region, Baker McKenzie retained its Band 1 rankings across 39 practices, including Europe-wide Employment (2011-2021), Tax (2018-2021), TMT: Information Technology (2014-2021), and TMT: Telecommunications (2014-2021), and received 16 new lawyer rankings — 56% of whom were women.