ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding AB (publ) has completed a rights issue of units consisting of shares and warrants with preferential rights for ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding’s existing shareholders. Through the rights issue, ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding will receive approximately SEK 131 million before costs related to the rights issue. Upon full exercise of the warrants, the company will receive additionally up to approximately SEK 85 million before deduction of costs related to the rights issue.
ExpreS2ion Biotechnologies ApS is a fully owned Danish subsidiary of ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding. ExpreS2ion has developed a unique technology platform, ExpreS2, for fast and efficient non-clinical development and production of complex proteins for new vaccines and diagnostics.
The proceeds from the rights issue will be used to:
• advance COVID-19 vaccine into human trials in Q4 2020 in collaboration with the company’s academic and commercial partners;
• exercise the option to in-license the HER2 breast cancer vaccine AV001 from AdaptVac and advance it into human trials in 2022;
• advance next generation influenza vaccine;
• advance certain malaria vaccines in preclinical and clinical development; and
• strengthen the company’s capabilities, pipeline and technology platform.
Baker McKenzie acted as legal advisor to ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding in connection with the rights issue. Baker McKenzie’s team consisted of Stefan Balazs, Ian Gulam, Olof Larsson and Joakim Falkner.