Baker McKenzie is pleased to announce new leadership appointments for seven Asia Pacific practice and industry groups, with changes coming into effect on 1 July 2020.
For its transactional practice groups, Singapore-based Emmanuel Hadjidakis is replacing Tokyo-based Gavin Raftery as Asia Pacific chair of the Banking & Finance Practice. Meanwhile, Kuala Lumpur-based Brian Chia is taking over as Asia Pacific chair of the M&A Practice from Hideo Norikoshi in Tokyo.
The advisory practice groups will welcome Singapore-based Nandakumar Ponniya as Asia Pacific chair of the Dispute Resolution Practice, replacing Yoshiaki Muto in Tokyo. Hong Kong-based Isabella Liu is taking over Bangkok-based Say Sujintaya as Asia Pacific chair of the IP and Technology Practice, while Sydney-based Anne Petterd is replacing Kana Itabashi in Tokyo as Asia Pacific chair of the International Commercial & Trade Practice.
For its industry groups, Sydney-based Elisabeth White is taking over as Asia Pacific chair of the Healthcare & Life Science Industry Group from Isabella Liu, who will be the new regional IP and Technology Practice Group chair. Cherrie Shi of FenXun Partners, the Firm's Joint Operation partner in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone, will co-chair the Firm's Industrials, Manufacturing & Transportation Industry Group in Asia Pacific with Yaeko Hodaka in Tokyo.
The seven new appointees will join the other 12 leaders who continue to lead the various practice and industry groups in Asia Pacific. They are:
- Ivy Wong, Asia Pacific chair of the Capital Markets Practice, based in Hong Kong
- Kelvin Poa, Asia Pacific chair of the Private Equity Practice, based in Singapore
- Martin David, Asia Pacific chair of the Projects Practice, based in Singapore
- Stephen Crosswell, Asia Pacific chair of the Antitrust & Competition Practice, based in Hong Kong
- Michael Michalandos, Asia Pacific chair of the Employment Practice, based in Sydney
- Bruce Webb, Asia Pacific chair of the Real Estate Practice, based in Melbourne
- Brendan Kelly, Asia Pacific chair of the Tax Practice, based in Shanghai
- LokeKhoon Tan, Asia Pacific chair of the Consumer Goods & Retail Industry Group, based in Hong Kong
- Bee Chun Boo, Asia Pacific chair of the Energy, Mining & Infrastructure Industry Group, based in Beijing
- Adrian Lawrence, Asia Pacific chair of the Technology, Media & Telecoms Industry Group, based in Sydney
- Stephanie Magnus, Asia Pacific chair of the Financial Institutions Industry Group, based in Singapore
- Yaeko Hodaka, Asia Pacific co-chair of the Industrials, Manufacturing & Transportation Industry Group, based in Tokyo
Commenting on these appointments, Baker McKenzie's Asia Pacific chair Ai Ai Wong said, "I am delighted to welcome our new practice and industry group leaders to the leadership team. What is particularly exciting is that among the seven new Asia Pacific leaders, four are women. As a Firm that values diversity in the workplace, these appointments mark a step forward towards achieving our Firm's global aspirational targets of having 40% women at the partnership and leadership level."
Ai Ai continued, "I would like to congratulate our new practice and industry group leaders on their appointments. I would also like to sincerely thank Hideo Norikoshi, Mita Guritno, Yoshiaki Muto, Kana Itabashi, Say Sujintaya and Gavin Raftery for their leadership and contribution to their respective groups. I look forward to seeing how the new teams build on the successes that their predecessors have made, and take our regional service offerings to new heights."