Baker McKenzie represented One Equity Partners (OEP), a middle market private equity firm, in the acquisition of ORS MEDCO, a wholesaler of products used in maintenance, repair and operations for industrial and automotive end-users via a multi-jurisdictional carve-out from Essendant, Inc.
OEP has strategically focused on structuring carve-outs of attractive industrial businesses in close partnership with management teams and corporate sellers.
Based in Northbrook, Illinois, ORS MEDCO distributes safety and security products, tools, body shop & repair products, welding, paint, chemicals, and abrasives operating through its ORS Nasco, Medco, and Nestor distribution networks. ORS MEDCO has a presence in the US, Canada and Dubai.
The Firm advised on the acquisition and financing aspects of the corporate carve-out transaction, Partners Michael Fieweger (acquisitions) and Garry Jaunal (acquisition finance) led the cross-border, multidisciplinary team, which also included:
- Michael Fieweger (Partner/Chicago)
- Airi Hammalov (Associate/New York)
- Josephine Bae (Associate/Chicago)
- Aidan Milstead (Associate/Chicago)
- Matthew Grant (Partner/Toronto - Canadian team)
- Evaristo Lucena (Foreign/ConsultantToronto)
- Marcos Spanos (Associate/Dubai)
- Farah El Marsi (Associate/Dubai)
- Garry Jaunal (Partner/Chicago)
- Nazri Ashkar (Associate/Chicago)
- Tony Noh (Associate/Chicago)
- Brian Lee (Associate/Chicago)
- Chuck Magerman (Partner/Toronto)
- Steve Schneider (Partner/DC)
- Jayshree Narendran (Associate/New York)
- Chris Guldberg (Partner/Chicago)
Labor and Employment
- Andy Boling (Partner/Chicago)
- Jenna Neumann (Associate/Chicago)
- Claire-Marie Colantuoni (Associate/Toronto)
- Adam Aft (Partner/Chicago)
- Jessica Wicha (Associate/Chicago)
- Brian Zurawski (Partner/Chicago)
- Sarah Swain (Associate/San Francisco)
About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie is one of the leading firms for cross-border transactions, providing strategic advice on deals involving the world’s leading financial institutions and multinational companies. From deal inception to business integration, we provide an end-to-end service that helps clients bridge the gap between aspiration and achievement.
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 70 years, enables our 13,000 people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instil confidence in our clients.