Global law firm Baker McKenzie received seven honors, including “Latin America Tax Firm of the Year” during the International Tax Review’s (ITR) 14th Annual Americas Tax Awards. The Firm has won Latin America Tax Firm of the Year four of the last five years. Baker McKenzie collected six additional awards at the ceremony, consolidating its position among America’s elite firms for tax-related matters.
Baker McKenzie, together with Trench Rossi Watanabe*, won a total of seven awards:
- Latin America Tax Firm of the Year
- Americas Transfer Pricing Leader of the Year: Clarissa Machado (Partner at Trench Rossi Watanabe*)
- Brazil Tax Firm of the Year (Trench Rossi Watanabe*)
- Brazil Tax Court Firm of the Year (Trench Rossi Watanabe*)
- Canada Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- Impact Deal of the Year: Boeing's acquisition of Embraer (Baker McKenzie and Trench Rossi Watanabe*)
- Impact Deal of the Year: Walmart's acquisition of Flipkart
The Americas Tax Awards, organized by global tax strategy publication ITR, identify the industry’s top tax and transfer pricing firms and experts across North and Latin America. This year’s ceremony took place in New York City on September 19.
In response to the Firm’s performance at the awards, Clarissa Machado, partner at Trench Rossi Watanabe* and Chair of the Latin America Tax Practice, said: “It’s an honor not only for me to be recognized as Transfer Pricing Leader of the Year, but for the Firm to win Latin America’s top tax firm and other accolades from ITR in consecutive years. To receive these distinctions amidst highly-qualified competition is a testament to our unmatched reach in the Americas. Our comprehensive knowledge, mindset and commitment to providing clients with brilliant legal counsel positions us as leaders on the subtleties of complex tax matters regionally and globally.”
The ITR Awards follow high marks the practice recently received across the Americas from independent legal directories Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
*A Brazilian law firm in cooperation agreement with Baker McKenzie