Baker McKenzie’s Kyiv office has been highly ranked and recommended by the 2019 edition of Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients, an annual in-depth survey of the legal market in Ukraine.
The Kyiv office won the top position in three key practices in the rating: Real Estate, Construction, Land, Retail and Labor & Employment.
Ranked in the top five firms are the following practice areas and industries: Agribusiness, Antitrust & Competition, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, Debt Restructuring, Energy & Natural Resources, Infrastructure, Intellectual Property, IT, Pharmaceuticals/Medicine & Healthcare, Private Clients/Wealth Management, Tax & Transfer Pricing.
Managing Partner Serhiy Chorny is listed among the Authorities in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets and Debt Restructuring and Managing Partner Serhiy Piontkovsky is acknowledged as Authority both in Energy & Natural Resources and Real Estate, Construction, Land.
In addition, six lawyers from the Kyiv office are highly recommended by Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients 2019:
- Partner Viacheslav Yakymchuk is among top three Leading Individuals in Corporate and M&A and recognized in Agribusiness.
- Partner Hennadiy Voytsitskyi is among top three Leading Individuals in Tax and recognized in Transfer Pricing.
- Partner Lina Nemchenko is recognized as No1 Leading Individual in Real Estate, Construction and Land.
- Partner Olha Demianiuk is among the top three in Pharmaceuticals/Medicine & Healthcare and recognized in Corporate and M&A.
- Counsel Mariana Marchuk is among the top three in Labor & Employment.
- Counsel Andrii Moskalyk is recognized as a Leading Individual in Energy & Natural Resources and recognized in Corporate and M&A.
The directory also mentions four lawyers as notable practitioners:
- Partner Ruslan Drobyazko is recognized in Intellectual Property.
- Partner Oksana Simonova in Antitrust & Competition.
- Partner Ihor Siusel in Bankruptcy and Litigation.
- Counsel Oleksiy Stolyarenko in IT and Intellectual Property.
Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients has been annually published in English since 2003 and has gained a reputation for being a reliable market guide to top law firms and practitioners in Ukraine. (www.ukrainianlawfirms.com)