Baker McKenzie is pleased to announce that for the 10th consecutive year, it has been voted as the most responsive law firm in more jurisdictions than any other law firm across the Asia Pacific region, according to Asian-MENA Counsel's Representative Corporate Asia & Middle East Survey 2018.
Baker McKenzie has been voted by corporate counsel and business leaders as the "Most Responsive International Firm of the Year" in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam. Member firm Hadiputranto Hadinoto & Partners (HHP Law Firm) was named the "Most Responsive Domestic Firm of the Year" in Indonesia. The Firm was also awarded "In-House Community Firm of the Year" in 63 categories across eight jurisdictions.
"Today's business environment has become a lot more complex. Global economic uncertainty, heightened regulatory scrutiny and digital disruption, among other variables, have put enormous pressure on organizations. We recognize the challenges that our clients face, and are committed to bringing them agile and robust solutions that can help our clients mitigate risks and identify opportunities," Ai Ai Wong, Baker McKenzie's Asia Pacific Chair, said. "It is extremely gratifying to see that our efforts are well recognized by our clients and the general business community. We would like to thank our clients for entrusting us to act on their most complex and high-profile matters; ASIAN-MENA Counsel for this recognition; and our lawyers and staff, who continue to work relentlessly to deliver high-value service to our clients."
The survey, conducted by publisher Pacific Business Press, contacted more than 20,000 in-house lawyers and senior company directors across Asia Pacific and the Middle East to determine which law firms are the most preferred in the minds of in-house counsel. Respondents were asked to comment on the quality and value of service received from external counsel in their jurisdiction, with votes aggregated to select the winning firms in each category.
The practice categories in which Baker McKenzie and its member firms were awarded citations include:
- Alternative Investment Funds (including Private Equity) – Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines and Singapore
- Antitrust / Competition – Hong Kong, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam
- Aviation – Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam
- Banking & Finance – Hong Kong, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam
- Capital Markets – Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand
- Compliance / Regulatory – Hong Kong, Philippines and Thailand
- Corporate and M&A – Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand
- Employment – Hong Kong, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam
- Energy & Natural Resources – Philippines
- Environmental – Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand
- Insurance – Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand
- Intellectual Property – Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam
- International Arbitration – Philippines and Thailand
- Islamic Finance – Philippines
- Life Sciences – Vietnam
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution – Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam
- Projects and Project Financing – Indonesia and Myanmar
- Real Estate/ Construction – Thailand
- Restructuring and Insolvency – Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand
- Taxation – Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology – Hong Kong, Philippines and Thailand