Baker McKenzie’s Kyiv office has been highly ranked and recommended by the 2018 edition of Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients, an annual in-depth survey of the legal market in Ukraine.
The Kyiv office won the top position in four key practices in the rating: Corporate/M&A, Real Estate, Construction, Land, Retail and Aviation Finance. Ranked in the top five firms are the following practice areas and industries: Agribusiness, Antitrust & Competition, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Debt Restructuring, Energy & Natural Resources, Infrastructure, Intellectual Property, IT, Labor & Employment, Pharmaceuticals/Medicine & Healthcare and Tax.
In addition, eight lawyers from the Kyiv office are highly recommended by Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients:
- Managing Partner Serhiy Chorny is listed among the Authorities in Banking & Finance, Capital Markets and Debt Restructuring.
- Managing Partner Serhiy Piontkovsky is acknowledged as a Leading Individual in Energy & Natural Resources and Real Estate & Construction.
- Partner Viacheslav Yakymchuk is among the top three in Corporate/M&A.
- Partner Hennadiy Voytsitskyi is among the leaders in Tax and recognized in Transfer Pricing.
- Partner Lina Nemchenko is recognized as a Leading Individual in Real Estate, Construction and Land.
- Partner Ruslan Drobyazko is top-ranked in Intellectual Property.
- Partner Olha Demianiuk is among the top three in Pharmaceuticals/Medicine & Healthcare and recognized in Corporate/M&A.
- Counsel Mariana Marchuk is among the top three in Labour & Employment.
The directory also mentions seven lawyers as notable practitioners:
- Partner Viacheslav Yakymchuk in Agribusiness.
- Partner Oksana Simonova in Antirust & Competition.
- Partner Ihor Olekhov in Banking & Finance, Energy & Natural Resources and Aviation.
- Partner Ihor Siusel in Bankruptcy and Litigation.
- Senior Associate Andrii Moskalyk in Corporate and M&A and Energy & Natural Resources.
- Senior Associate Yulia Kolchenko in Intellectual Property.
- Senior Associate Oleksiy Stolyarenko in IT.
Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients has been annually published in English since 2003 and has gained a reputation for being a reliable market guide to top law firms and practitioners in Ukraine. (www.ukrainianlawfirms.com)