Leading Global Law Firm Baker McKenzie has released its Global Guide to Competition Litigation 2018. This updated version contains expert insight in to the latest developments in over 27 key markets and gives clients a multijurisdictional perspective on the core issues that arise when bringing or defending a private claim for damages as a result of a breach of competition law.
In the guide, Baker McKenzie's global team of experts address critical questions on competition litigation, including:
- When does a right to claim arise?
- Are regulators’ infringement findings binding on national courts?
- What measure of damages can be claimed?
- How lengthy or costly could proceedings be?
- What are other potential options for relief or private enforcement?
Speaking after the guide's launch, Baker McKenzie partner Francesca Richmond said, "As competition policies and rules evolve around the world, businesses are increasingly turning to private litigation for recourse against anti-competitive practices. In this 2018 edition, we provide comprehensive information and a multijurisdictional perspective to help our litigate private actions."