Baker McKenzie is pleased to announce that for the ninth consecutive year, it has been voted as the most responsive law firm in more jurisdictions than any other law firm across the Asia Pacific region, according to Asian-MENA Counsel's Representative Corporate Asia & Middle East Survey 2017.
Baker McKenzie has been voted by corporate counsel and business leaders as the "Most Responsive International Firm of the Year" in China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam. Member firms, Hadiputranto Hadinoto & Partners (HHP Law Firm) and Wong & Partners were named the "Most Responsive Domestic Firm of the Year" in Indonesia and Malaysia, respectively. The Firm was also awarded "In-House Community Firm of the Year" in 37 categories across nine jurisdictions.
"Being a great lawyer is no longer enough. The world is becoming increasingly complex and organizations expect their lawyers to have a good understanding of their business and the industry environment in which they operate, and to be able to respond with timely solutions. It is extremely gratifying to see that our efforts to deliver service excellence across our region are well recognized. We thank our clients for their continued support, and Asian-MENA Counsel for this recognition," Gary Seib, Baker McKenzie's Asia Pacific Chair, said.
The survey, conducted by publisher Pacific Business Press, contacted more than 21,000 in-house lawyers and senior company directors across Asia Pacific and the Middle East to determine which law firms are the most preferred in the minds of in-house counsel. Respondents were asked, among other things, for their comments on the quality and value of service received from external counsel in their jurisdiction, with votes aggregated to select the winning firms in each category.
The practice categories in which Baker McKenzie and its member firms were awarded citations include:
• Alternative Investment Funds (including Private Equity) – Indonesia and Vietnam
• Antitrust / Competition – Hong Kong, Thailand and the United Arab Emirates
• Aviation – Thailand
• Banking & Finance – Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam
• Capital Markets – Indonesia and Vietnam
• Compliance / Regulatory – Hong Kong, Thailand, South Korea and Vietnam
• Corporate and M&A – Hong Kong, Indonesia and Vietnam
• Employment – Singapore and Vietnam
• Environment – Indonesia
• Insurance – Thailand and Vietnam
• Intellectual Property – Hong Kong, Indonesia and Philippines
• International Arbitration – Thailand
• Life Sciences – Indonesia
• Litigation and Dispute Resolution – Thailand
• Projects and Project Financing – Indonesia and Singapore
• Restructuring and Insolvency –Thailand and Vietnam
• Taxation – Hong Kong and Indonesia
• Telecommunications, Media & Technology – Indonesia