Baker McKenzie advised BizLink Holding Inc., a leading provider of interconnect solutions, on its acquisition of the Electrical Appliance Assemblies business of Leoni AG by means of a share deal. The parties intend to close the transaction in the first half of 2017, subject to regulatory approval and customary closing conditions.
Leoni's Electrical Appliance Assemblies business generated a consolidated turnover of EUR 130 million in FY 2015 and includes sites in Germany, Belgium, Slovakia, Serbia and China with approx. 2,000 employees. Baker McKenzie advised BizLink on all legal aspects of the complex cross-border transaction, which includes a prior carve-out of the Electrical Appliance Assemblies business.
BizLink Technology was founded in 1996 and listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE) in April 2011. Covering all the essential components in the interconnect industry, BizLink has built a fully vertically-integrated business model with manufacturing sites in China, Malaysia, Mexico, and the USA. BizLink Holding Inc.'s long-term development strategy is to create value for both customers and shareholders by nurturing the stable growth of product lines and relationships.
LEONI is a global supplier of wires, optical fibers, cables and cable systems as well as related development services for applications in the automotive business and other industries. The group of companies, which is listed on the German MDAX, employs more than 77,000 people in 32 countries and generated consolidated sales of EUR 4.5 billion in 2015.
The Corporate/M&A team of Baker & McKenzie regularly advises clients on cross-border transactions and reorganizations. Most recently Baker McKenzie advised:
- CORESTATE on its acquisition of Hannover Leasing,
- Heraeus Group on the sale of the global high-performance target materials business to the US-based Materion Group,
- MAGNA International on its acquisition of the BÖCO Group,
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG on the sale of the Cherry Group to the subsidiary GENUI,
- Hillhouse Capital on the acquisition of Gimborn,
- ALBA Group on the entry of a Chinese investor,
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on the minority interest in the R&M International GmbH and previously in the participation of the Swiss mageba AG,
- GFKL Lowell Group on the acquisition of Tesch collection,
- Dassault Systèmes on the acquisition of the CST group,
- Sulzer on the takeover of the GEKA group of 3i,
- Allegion on the acquisition of Trelock,
- RWE and E.ON on the sale of their shares in the Luxembourg energy supplier Enovos,
- HITACHI Koki on the acquisition of Metabo AG
- Barry-Wehmiller group on the acquisition of the operations of Winkler+Dünnebier GmbH.
Legal advisors to BizLink Holding Inc:
Gwyneth Gu (partner, Corporate / M&A, Taiwan),
Gerald Schumann (partner, Corporate / M&A, Munich)
Corporate / M&A: Alexandr Cesar (partner, Prague), Cherrie Shi (partner, Shanghai), Christina Lee (partner, Hong Kong), Dominique Maes (partner, Brussels), Davinia Martens (partner, Brussels), Jun Chen (associate, Taiwan), Christoph Dachner (associate, Munich), Maria Eger (associate, Munich), Vitaline Bouckaert (associate, Brussels), Barbora Kreysova (associate, Prague), Vlastimil Kreysa (associate, Prague), Jiahua Wu (associate, Shanghai), Cathy Zhai (associate, Shanghai), Cora Wu (international associate, Shanghai), Emmy Lo (special counsel, Hong Kong), Ling Ling Ng (associate, Hong Kong)
Competition: Gavin Bushell (partner, Brussels), Oksana Simonova (partner, Kyiv), Werner Berg (partner, Brussels), Agapi Patsa (associate, Brussels), Olga Mikheieva (associate, Kyiv)
Commercial: Johannes Teichmann (partner, Frankfurt), Antonia Rojahn (associate, Munich)
IP: Benjamin Koch (partner, Munich)
Employment: Katja Giese (associate, Munich)