Baker & McKenzie Named Most Responsive International Law Firm in Asia by In-house Counsel
Baker & McKenzie continues to solidify its position as the foremost law firm in Asia Pacific, after being voted by in-house counsel as the most responsive law firm in more jurisdictions than any other law firm for the eighth consecutive year, according to Asian-MENA Counsel's Representative Corporate Asia & Middle East Survey 2016.
Baker & McKenzie has been voted by corporate counsel and business leaders as the "Most Responsive International Firm of the Year" in China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and United Arab Emirates. Member firms, Hadiputranto Hadinoto & Partners and Wong & Partners were named the "Most Responsive Domestic Firm of the Year" in Indonesia and Malaysia, respectively. The Firm was also awarded "In-House Community Firm of the Year" in 49 categories across eight jurisdictions.
"Our mission is clear - to maintain our market position as the global law firm of choice in this region. This means delivering commercially pragmatic and responsive service in the areas and jurisdictions where our clients need it most." Gary Seib, who was recently elected as the Baker & McKenzie's Asia Pacific Chair, said.
"Size is only one part of the equation; it is the depth and breadth of our practice and also the inherent quality of advice that our lawyers able to provide that matters. It is extremely gratifying to see that our efforts are well recognized by our clients and the general business community. We thank our clients, and Asian-MENA Counsel, for this recognition."
The survey, conducted by publisher Pacific Business Press, contacted more than 21,000 in-house lawyers and senior company directors across Asia Pacific and the Middle East to determine which law firms are the most preferred in the minds of in-house counsel. Respondents were asked, among other things, for their comments on the quality and value of service received from external counsel in their jurisdiction, with votes aggregated to select the winning firms in each category.
The practice categories in which Baker & McKenzie and its member firms were awarded citations include:
- Alternative Investment Funds – Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand
- Antitrust – Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand
- Aviation – Hong Kong
- Banking & Finance – Indonesia and Thailand
- Capital Markets – Indonesia and Thailand
- Compliance and Regulatory – Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines and Thailand
- Corporate and M&A – China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand
- Employment – Hong Kong and Thailand
- Environment – Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand
- Insurance – Hong Kong and Thailand
- Intellectual Property – Hong Kong, Malaysia and Philippines
- International Arbitration – Indonesia, Japan and Thailand
- Islamic Finance – Indonesia
- Life Sciences – Indonesia
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution – Hong Kong, Japan and Thailand
- Projects and Project Financing – China, Indonesia and Thailand
- Real Estate and Construction – Hong Kong
- Restructuring and Insolvency – Indonesia
- Taxation – Hong Kong, Indonesia and Singapore
- Telecommunications, Media & Technology – Hong Kong and Thailand