JUVE Names Baker McKenzie Corporate Law Firm of the Year 2016
Baker McKenzie secured the coveted, "Law Firm of the Year 2016 for Corporate Law" accolade, awarded by the renowned legal publishing house JUVE. The award for the supreme discipline in corporate law was announced last week at the 'JUVE Awards 2016' at the Alte Oper in Frankfurt , and mentioned in the JUVE Handbook 2016/2017, published today.
According to JUVE, the Firm's corporate practice, which is led by Dr. Nikolaus Reinhuber and Dr. Andreas Lohner, has 'undergone a remarkable change' and 'with a new generation of corporate lawyers, has finally brought this area to the same level as the M&A practice'.
Dr. Andreas Lohner and several younger partners undertook a series of projects and significant public takeovers. The work of Dr. Christian Vocke and Dr. Björn Simon on the Balda takeover offer of Heitkamp & Thumann was significant. Vocke has also built a separate, independent client base since his move to Baker McKenzie, as did Dr. Christoph Wolf, who joined from Morgan at the time. In addition the China team led by Dr. Thomas Gilles and Christian Atzler is praised for its development.
The award in the area is a great accolade for our work. Our clients are always our priority, and it is a real honor that they have highlighted our team to the JUVE editors accordingly.
Dr. Nikolaus Reinhuber, co-head of the German Corporate Practice Group
The Corporate Group of Baker McKenzie has grown steadily - organically, although the firm has also strengthened the team laterally. Most recently, this was with Dr. Thomas Dörmer in Berlin, Dr. Björn Simon, Dr. Christian Vocke and Dr. Peter Wand in Frankfurt, as well as Dr. Heiko Gotsche in Düsseldorf. Additionally the strong global restructuring practice is very prominent in the market.
- The Corporate/M&A team of Baker McKenzie regularly advises clients on cross-border transactions and reorganizations. Most recently Baker McKenzie advised:
- MAGNA International on its acquisition of the BÖCO Group
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG on the sale of the Cherry Group to the subsidiary GENUI
- Hillhouse Capital on the acquisition of Gimborn
- ALBA Group on the entry of a Chinese investor
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on the minority interest in the R&M International GmbH and previously in the participation of the Swiss mageba AG
- GFKL Lowell Group on the acquisition of Tesch collection
- Dassault Systèmes on the acquisition of the CST group
- Sulzer on the takeover of the GEKA group of 3i
- Allegion on the acquisition of Trelock
- RWE and E.ON on the sale of their shares in the Luxembourg energy supplier Enovos
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on a non-controlling interest in mageba AG
- HITACHI Koki on the acquisition of Metabo AG
- Barry-Wehmiller group on the acquisition of the operations of Winkler+Dünnebier GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG on the acquisition of the industrial and wind turbine business of Bosch Rexroth AG
- Group Le Duff on the acquisition of Kamps
- Telefónica/E-Plus on the sale of yourfone to Drillisch