Baker McKenzie Hires 10-Strong Lateral Team
Baker McKenzie has continued its growth in major financial centers, hiring 10 lawyers - including 5 partners - in Zurich from a leading Swiss law firm.
The team includes leading lawyers in areas including Banking & Finance, Corporate and M&A, Competition & Antitrust, and Intellectual Property/IT.
The hire underlines the Firm's position as the premier global, full-service law firm in Switzerland, with more than 130 lawyers in Switzerland's financial centers, Zurich and Geneva.
The following Partners are joining Baker & McKenzie:
- Dr. Beat Barthold (Corporate/M&A)
- Dr. Alessandro Celli (IP/IT/Restructuring)
- Lic. iur. Pascal Richard, LL.M. (Corporate/M&A)
- Dr. Ansgar Schott, LL.M. (Banking & Finance)
- Lic. iur. Boris Wenger, JSM (Antitrust & Competition)
They are joined by five Associates.
"We are delighted that our office is strengthening its expertise in important strategic growth areas today", says Marnin J. Michaels, member of the Management team of the Zurich office. "The profiles of our new colleagues are largely complementary to ours, so that we can offer even more value to our clients. This move shows our ambition to be ahead of the curve in a fast changing, consolidating market for legal services", Michaels adds.
The Firm is committed to growth in major commercial centers around the world. Many of our global clients have major business in Switzerland and this team's global outlook, commitment to excellence and international client base is a perfect fit, allowing us to serve our clients even more effectively.
Erik Scheer, a member of Baker McKenzie's Executive Committee.
"At Baker McKenzie we find an inspiring and unique global environment which fits a successful and ambitious team like ours," says Beat Barthold, representing the team that is joining Baker McKenzie in Zurich. "We see it as a big chance to have access to Baker McKenzie's global reach for the benefit of the clients we bring with us and to be involved in Baker McKenzie's global network with its complex and multinational transactions".
The growth in Zurich builds on recent hires in other financial centers, including:
- In New York, bankruptcy lawyers Debra Dandeneau and Peter Goodman, from Weil Gotshal and McKool Smith, respectively
- Also in New York, corporate partner Steven Canner from Kaye Scholer, and Jan Joosten from Hughes, Hubbard & Reed
- In London, transfer pricing partner Steve Labrum from KPMG
- In Frankfurt, finance partner Filip Kurkowski from Allen & Overy
- In Luxembourg, funds partner Catherine Martougin from Jones Day