Baker & McKenzie advised GFKL Lowell Group, a European leader in credit receivables management, on the acquisition of Tesch Inkasso. Tesch Inkasso is a leading German third party collections company. The seller is the PE company Avedon Capital Partners. Closing is subject to antitrust approval.
Baker & McKenzie advised GFKL Lowell on all legal aspects of the transaction.
This transaction strengthens our client's position in the core German market and underlines its ambition to become a leading European third party collections company. We are pleased to have again assisted GFKL Lowell in this transaction and, as a well rehearsed team together with GFKL and Permira, to have brought the acquisition to a successful conclusion - Dr. Ingo Strauss, corporate partner of Baker & McKenzie.
Only recently, Baker & McKenzie attorneys advised GFKL Lowell on the acquisition of the Austrian IS Inkasso Service GmbH group, a leading collection service provider in Austria.
The Lowell GFKL Group was founded in October 2015 following the merger of German and UK market leaders GFKL and the Lowell Group. This union created one of the largest receivables management companies in Europe. It benefits from the backing of global investment company Permira Funds and Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP).
Tesch Inkasso is a leading German 3PC company with several thousand unique clients and a volume of receivables serviced of approx. EUR 2 billion. Founded in 1985, it was acquired by Avedon Capital Partners in 2012 and has itself acquired Transcom CMS and Mediafinanz in recent years.
The Corporate/M&A team of Baker & McKenzie regularly advises clients on cross-border transactions and reorganizations. Most recently Baker & McKenzie advised Dassault Systèmes on the acquisition of the CST group, Sulzer on the takeover of the GEKA group of 3i, Allegion on the acquisition of Trelock, RWE and E.ON on the sale of their shares in the Luxembourg energy supplier Enovos, Deutsche Beteiligungs AG on a noncontrolling interest in mageba AG, HITACHI Koki on the acquisition of Metabo AG, Barry-Wehmiller group on the acquisition of the operations of Winkler+Dünnebier GmbH, ZF Friedrichshafen AG on the acquisition of the industrial and wind turbine business of Bosch Rexroth AG, Group Le Duff on the acquisition of Kamps and Telefónica/E-Plus on the sale of yourfone to Drillisch.
Legal advisors GFKL Lowell:
Corporate/M&A: Dr. Ingo Strauss (Partner, Dusseldorf), Dr. Heiko Gotsche (Partner, Dusseldorf)
- Corporate/M&A: Gerald Schumann (Partner, Munich), Dr. Manuel Lorenz (Partner, Frankfurt), Dr. Christoph Dachner (Associate, Munich)
- Antitrust: Christian Horstkotte (Partner, Dusseldorf), Dr. Johannes Weichbrodt (Senior Associate, Dusseldorf), Ann Kristin Hoersken (Associate, Dusseldorf), Marc Lager (Partner, Vienna)
- Commercial: Dr. Johannes Teichmann (Partner, Frankfurt), Antonia Rojahn (Associate, Munich)
- Employment: Dr. Hagen Köckeritz (Partner, Frankfurt), Dr. Lena Kern (Associate, Frankfurt)
- Tax: Christoph Becker (Partner, Frankfurt), Dr. Dr. Norbert Mueckl (Partner, Munich)
- Pensions: Dr. Verena Böhm (Senior Associate, Frankfurt)
- Banking & Finance: Kathrin Marchant (Partner, Frankfurt)
- IT: Dr. Holger Lutz (Partner, Frankfurt), Dr. Tobias Born (Associate, Frankfurt)
- Real Estate: Dr. Daniel Bork (Associate, Dusseldorf)
- Inhouse GFKL Lowell: Peter Blaschkowski