Outstanding Year Once Again for Baker & McKenzie at ITR’s European Tax Awards
- Baker & McKenzie presented with prestigious European Tax Firm of the Year Award
- Six additional awards presented to the Firm
Baker & McKenzie’s European Tax practice has once again been recognized by the International Tax Review’s (ITR) European Tax Awards, affirming its position as one of the most highly rated and recommended among tax advisors worldwide.
According to ITR, Baker & McKenzie was awarded European Tax Firm of the Year “in recognition of having the greatest depth and strength in its international tax practice.” In addition to receiving this coveted accolade, the Firm won six additional awards, at a ceremony which was held last night in London:
- UK Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- Luxembourg Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- The Netherlands Tax Firm of the Year
- Hungary Tax Firm of the Year
- Ukraine Tax Firm of the Year
- European Tax Deal of the Year: Willis Group Holding Merger with Towers Watson: Baker & McKenzie; Gibson Dunn & Crutcher; Weil, Gotshal & Manges
“Our clients and our peers recognize the fluency with which we deliver tax advice globally so we are delighted to receive these awards from the ITR,” said Philippe Lion, Chair of the European Tax Practice Group. “Despite facing direct competition with the leading global legal and accountancy firms, being named as European Tax Firm of the Year is a real achievement for the Firm and our lawyers.”
To determine the winners, the ITR researched from variety of sources. Submissions from firms were considered and the editorial staff consulted a large number of tax advisers and lawyers, tax executives and in-house counsel to identify and reward the most ground-breaking work.
Established in 1990, the ITR is the leading global publication dedicated to international tax strategy. The European Tax Awards have taken place annually since 2005 and seek to recognize the leading international tax professionals from across Europe.