On behalf Baker McKenzie's Global Wealth Management Practice Group, it is our pleasure to share with our clients, friends, colleagues and readers across the globe the Second Quarter 2022 issue of the Private Wealth Newsletter. It is also with pleasure that we introduce and welcome our newsletter’s new co-editor, Phyllis Townsend. Phyllis is a member of our London Wealth Management team with extensive experience in advising high net-worth individuals, trustees and family offices on a broad range of wealth management matters.
This edition features articles on a variety of relevant recent developments in the private wealth space. With a particular focus on succession, this edition sheds light on running one of the world’s largest ever private wealth disputes with an entirely virtual trial and delves into the spectre of forced heirship claims. Not to miss also are our regional updates on current legislative changes and proposals throughout the EU, UK and the Middle East.
- Feature: Wong v. Grand view & ors: running one of the world’s largest-ever private wealth disputes trials virtually
- Can you ever really walk away? The spectre of forced heirship claims
- The Spanish Supreme Court allows the consideration of financial assets as held for the purpose of family business activity
- Recap of Personal Tax Reforms from the French Finance Act for 2022
- ATAD3: The EU Commission’s Corporate ‘Unshell’ Proposal and its impact on private clients and holding structures
- Public disclosure of the beneficial owners of overseas entities owning UK property
- Update: Russia Sanctions and disclosure of beneficial ownership
- UAE announces the introduction of a federal corporate tax system
- Swiss Trusts: Soon a Reality?
- Argentina: Integrated System for Monitoring Foreign Payments of Services — the Argentine tax authority establishes an authorization system on payments of services to foreign parties
- Around the World
If you would like to receive the Baker McKenzie Private Wealth Newsletter in your inbox, please reach out to Laetitia Lory.