As companies bring employees back to the office, requests for hybrid or remote work are becoming increasingly common. In this infographic we showcase some considerations for Latam employers to think through as they weigh allowing employees to work remotely. Questions addressed include:
- Is a written agreement required to implement telework?
- Is the company required to reimburse an employee for the expenses?
- If the answer to the preceding question is yes, do these payments have a compensation nature or are they exempt from payroll charges?
- Is time control required?
- Does the employer have health and safety obligations when the employee is doing home office or teleworking?
- Is the "right to disconnect" a specific statute or case law in your jurisdiction?
- Is the company obliged to provide all the working tools or different arrangements can be made among the parties?
Leticia Ribeiro, partner at Trench Rossi Watanabe (São Paulo),* participated in this guide.
*Trench Rossi Watanabe and Baker McKenzie have executed a strategic cooperation agreement for consulting on foreign law
Explore More Insight