In this recording of our introductory workshop, Baker McKenzie FinTech Legal Accelerator: Cracking the Legal Code, held as part of the Hong Kong FinTech Week 2020, our lawyers across Asia Pacific give an overview of key fintech issues that start-ups or scale-ups need to know as they grow and expand across the region.
The discussion touched on topics, including:
- Regulatory: Licenses required to operate a fintech business
- Intellectual property: Protecting business on a budget
- Data privacy and cybersecurity: How to comply with requirements and safeguard business
- Raising capital and growth: Key points VCs will look at in funding rounds and how to prepare
- Employment: Addressing employment issues at every stage of the company
- Tax: Cross-border tax considerations relevant to mature fintech business