On 16 March 2020, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine imposed a number of temporary restrictions to prevent the spread of coronavirus, including:
- prohibition of regular and irregular passenger traffic between cities and suburbs throughout Ukraine (except for transportation by passenger cars);
- prohibition of transportation of more than 10 passengers simultaneously in urban transport, including trams, trolleybuses, road transport and buses that carry out regular passenger traffic;
- prohibition of transportation by subway in Kyiv, Kharkiv and Dnipro;
- prohibition of passenger transportation by rail between cities and suburban services (except for transportation by railway according to a special decision of the Ministry of Infrastructure and some other state bodies);
- prohibition of holding mass events with more than 10 participants.
In addition, from 17 March 2020 all catering establishments (except for those cooking for delivery to the customer's address), shopping and entertainment centers, fitness centers, etc., have suspended their work. Operations of grocery and hardware stores, gas stations, pharmacies, banks and insurance companies and trade in communications means are allowed.
On 17 March 2020, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted Laws of Ukraine No. 530-IX and No. 533- IX on support for business in Ukraine in connection with the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and its prevention. Among other things, the following measures are provided.