At the weekend, the Austrian Parliament amended 39 laws and introduced five new ones with its “2nd COVID-19 Act” (“2. COVID-19-Gesetz”). We already anticipated many of the topics in our second guide last week. In our third edition, the following questions have been added or updated:
Substantive and Procedural Time Limits
• How will procedural statutory periods be changed?
• What will happen to substantive statutory periods?
• Which fees will be waved?
• Which rules apply to the service of documents?
• Are there extensions of time limits?
Insolvency Act, Enforcement Act
• Is there an extension of the application period?
• Will executions be postponed?
Curfews, Bans on Access
• Who is permitted to enter customer areas?
• Who is prohibited to enter public spaces?
• Is there a compulsory provision for home office?
State Aid Rules, Competition Law
• Is it possible to submit merger notifications with the Austrian Competition Authority?
Continued Pay in Case of a Shut-Down • Is there an obligation to continue payment of remuneration in the event of a ban or restriction on entering the business operation?
Special Leave for Childcare
• Who can use the special leave for childcare?
• How much is the state funding for the special leave?
Update of Short-Time Work
• Who bears the costs in case of sickness?
• Are there updated documents available yet?
Shareholder’s Meetings, Dividend Payments
• Can shareholders’ meetings be held by electronic means?
• For how long can a shareholders’ meeting be postponed?
• Which measures mandatorily require a shareholders’ meeting?
• Can I approve a dividend payment?