On February 25, 2020, the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE), published in the Federal Official Gazette a third call for an international open international tender to award a fixed price contract for the development and conclusion of a project comprising:
- three transmission line works with a voltage of 400 kV and a total length of 441.8 km-C;
- two substation works with voltage of 400 kV, with 195.3 MVAr; and
- three feeders called "304 LT 1805 Huasteca-Monterrey Transmission Line" (overall, the Project).
Main features of the Project
The purpose of the tender is to complete the work previously started, with the following scopes:
- Transmission lines (all to be constructed aboveground):
- Güémez - Regiomontano: with a voltage rating of 400 kV, at a frequency of 60 Hz. A total of 230.7 km of line will be built with the installation of 230.7 km of circuit.
- Champayan-Güémez: with a voltage rating of 400 kV, at a frequency of 60 Hz. A total of 182.5 km of line will be built with the installation of 182.5 km of circuit.
- Regiomontano Entq. Huinala - Lajas L2: with a voltage rating of 400 kV, at a frequency of 60 Hz. A total of 14.3 km of line will be built with the installation of 28.6 km of circuit.
- The Güémez transmission substation is currently in operation. The tendered work consists of an extension and maintenance.
- The Champayán transmission substation is currently in operation. The tendered work consists of an extension and maintenance.
The facilities are located in the towns of Güémez and Altamira, in the State of Tamaulipas and in the town of Cadereyta Jimenez, in the State of Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
Main features of the Tender
The awarded bidder will have to obtain all the financing necessary for the development of the Project. Interested applicants may participate in a consortium, in accordance with all the design and scope conditions set out in the tender rules. The contracting process of the project will be carried out using the CFE's tendering electronic site (micro-sitio).
The most relevant dates of the bid are the following:
|1||Visit to the sites||February 24, 2020|
|2||Beginning of the Q&A session||March 4th, 2020|
|3||Closing of the Q&A session||March 13, 2020|
|4||Submission and opening of the technical proposals||March 23, 2020|
|5||Opening of the economic proposals||March 30, 2020|
|6||Announcement of the winning bidder||April 3rd, 2020|
|7||Execution of the contract||April 24, 2020|
|8||Beginning of the construction of the Project||April 24, 2020|
|9||Conclusion of the construction of the Project||June 17, 2021|
Please let us know if you have any questions.