Developments this month may not have been quite as frenetic as in recent months but, nevertheless, we do have a few items of interest to report. Of note, the Government has confirmed that the General Levy is increasing following changes to some pension bodies. There are also some other developments which will require trustees' attention - from checking whether updates are required to scheme governing documentation to take into account changes to civil partnership legislation, to potentially revisiting processes around DB to DC transfers.
In this issue:
- Time for a compliance healthcheck?
- Pension Schemes Bill on hold - for now
- Regulations introduced to permit civil partnerships for opposite-sex couples
- PASA publishes Master Trust Transition Guidance
- DB to DC Transfers: updated Regulator guidance recommends trustees undertake additional checks in order to satisfy the independent advice requirements
- New Government consultation on simplifying member benefit statements
- Government consults on increases to the General Levy
- Revaluation Order published