We are pleased to enclose the June issue of Tax News and Developments, a publication of Baker McKenzie's North America Tax Practice Group. This month's edition provides updates on tax policy, state tax and GILTI, and PLR 201919008 under Section 355 in their June issue of Tax News and Developments.
In this Issue
- Taxpayers Have a Busy Summer Ahead on the Regulatory and Legislative Fronts
- Digital Services Taxes - Is It the Revenue?
- The US State and Local Tax Twist on the Taxation of GILTI
- The IRS Issues a Private Ruling on Share Retention in a Section 355 Spin-off
- Proposed Regulations for Foreign Partner Effectively Connected Income and Withholding
- Some of the "Final" Section 987 Regulations are Finalized
- DOJ Guidance on Evaluation of Compliance Programs Recently Updated to Clarify Current Agency Expectations for Compliance Best Practices
- The CAT's Out of the Bag: After Many False Starts, Oregon Passes New Corporate Activity Tax
- Illinois Enacts Major Tax Changes