This is the May 2019 edition of the UK Pensions Update. In this edition, we focus on a number of court judgments, including the recent Court of Appeal ruling in the Burgess v. Bic case, and some further cases in which the Pensions Regulator (Regulator) has demonstrated its "quicker, clearer, tougher" approach.
In this issue:
- Pension schemes and investment: Forthcoming changes to SIP requirements -- are you ready?
- Creative funding strategies -- challenges and opportunities
- Regulator secures additional budget for 2019-2020 and acquires London offices
- Regulator fines professional corporate trustee £130,000
- Rule amendments: Court of Appeal rules on retrospective introduction of pension increases
- Imposition of financial penalty by the Regulator on trustees for failure to agree triennial valuation was appropriate, rules Upper Tribunal
- High Court rules no deemed segregation of multi-employer pension scheme for Section 75 and PPF purposes