Employers face new challenges in the workplace brought by technological advances, geopolitical trends, changing laws and regulations around the globe. Globalization means that the world feels smaller than ever before, and as companies seek to expand their businesses into new markets, the need to hire and transfer talent overseas has never been more important. When managing employee secondments and global mobility, employers must be able to navigate different tax, immigration and termination laws to minimize the risks associated with managing a workforce that spans multiple countries across Asia Pacific.
At the forum, we will feature interactive discussions on the latest employment issues and trends. A panel of industry experts including Richard Lam, Senior Counsel (Director) of Netflix and Thomas Thomas, CEO of ASEAN Corporate Social Responsibility Network, and Baker McKenzie Employment practitioners will also provide practical insights on key employment laws across multiple jurisdictions in the region. Scott Bales, Managing Director of Innovation Labs Asia will share his views on key business trends and how organizations can co-create change with their customers and workforce.
This interactive forum will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Understand the future of work and how it will impact on your workforce.
- Discuss business restructuring, managing reputational attacks, “Me Too” movement, enforcement of Codes of Conduct,
- Global mobility and other top employment issues, and receive practical solutions on how to navigate the risks.
- Obtain regional legal employment updates in various jurisdictions across Asia Pacific.
- Network with business peers and meet with Baker McKenzie partners from around the region.