On March 11, 2019, Decree No. 182/2019 (the "Decree") was published in the Official Gazette, abrogating digital signature Decrees No. 2628/02, 283/03 and 724/06, as well as Sections 8, 9 and 10 of Decree No. 561/16 of the Digital Signature Law No. 25.506
The amendments are the following:
- Public Deed: When a regulation requires that an act is executed through a public deed, such requirement shall be considered satisfied by the appointment made through the Platform of Remote Procedures (TAD), unless otherwise provided.
- Digital signature of the Electronic Document Management System (GDE): The remote digital signature and the digital signature through cryptographic device can be used to execute administrative documents. Both, together with the digital signature with system certification, will have full validity
- Annex I that incorporates the Decree: Includes certain amendments to the Digital Signature regulation, such as:
- a) A broader audit system. The Auditing Authority must perform initial, renewal, periodic annual and extraordinary audits.
- b) The elimination of the revocation of digital certificates due to the termination of the relationship of representation of a person.
- c) Incorporation of the requirement of the licensed certifier to be domiciled in the Argentine Republic.