Welcome to the September 2018 edition of the Baker McKenzie Ukraine Healthcare Newsletter. This is your regular digest of legal developments affecting the life science and healthcare industries in Ukraine.
This edition covers the new requirement for publication of clinical trial results, the approval of changes to the concept of reforming public procurement of pharmaceuticals and medical devices and an update on the status of the draft law weakening patent protection. More details on these developments affecting the Ukrainian life science and healthcare industries are provided below.
In this issue:
- Clinical trials
- Results of pre-clinical studies and clinical trials will be subject to mandatory publication
- Public procurement and reimbursement
- Changes to the concept of reforming public procurement of pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Intellectual property
- Developments of the draft law weakening patent protection
- Competition law
- Recommendations of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine regarding rules for promotion of pharmaceuticals
- Draft law on exempting import and supply of pharmaceuticals and medical devices from VAT
- Medical devices
- Draft law on introducing licensing for manufacture and sale of medical devices