Welcome to the first Singapore Dispute Resolution Quarterly Update.
With these updates, we will be aiming to bring you the most up to date legal developments in the industry and keep you informed of what the Singapore Dispute Resolution practice group at Baker McKenzie Wong & Leow has recently been working on.
Key Legal Developments
- Singapore Court of Appeal considers SICC decision on effect of “subject to contract” stipulation
- Singapore High Court clarifies the circumstances in which a Mareva injunction can be granted in support of foreign proceedings
- Singapore High Court clarifies the law on when it is “unconscionable” to make a call on a performance bond
- Singapore High Court enforces first foreign judgment under the Hague Convention on Choice of Court Agreements
- Absence of a direct contractual relationship does not mean there is no duty of care
Singapore Dispute Resolution Group Updates
- Nippon Catalyst Pte Ltd v PT Trans-Pacific Petrochemical Indotama and PT Pertamina  SGHC 126
- Mukherjee Amitava v DyStar Global Holdings (Singapore) Pte Ltd and others  SGCA 57
- The Director of the Serious Fraud Office v Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation Limited  EWCA Civ 2006
- Singapore Construction Law Conference
- Adam Giam, Senior Associate, returns from secondment with SCB