Antidumping duties over the importation of metallic rubber balloons originating in China
On 7 June 2018 the Unit of International Trade Practices (UPCI, for its acronym in Spanish) of the Ministry of Economy published on the Official Federal Gazette (DOF, for its acronym in Spanish) the Final Resolution of the antidumping investigation over the importation of metallic rubber balloons originating in the People’s Republic of China, regardless of the country of export.
This resolution imposes a definitive antidumping duty of 37.8 dollars per kilogram to the importation of metallic rubber balloons originating in China.
- Initiation of the Investigation. Published in the DOF on 26 June 2017.
- Investigation period. From September 1, 2015 to August 31, 2016.
- Analysis period. From 1 September 2013 to 31 August 2016.
- Product subject to investigation.
- Commercially known as metallic rubber balloon, metal balloon or metallic balloon.
- Recipients of a two-sided flexible laminated material, made of nylon or polyester, adhered around its perimeter, except where they are inflated, by means of a polyethylene film.
- Also known as “foil balloons”, due to the aluminum appearance present when having a metallic color, even though aluminum is not a material used for its manufacture.
- Tariff Classification. Introduced into Mexico under Mexican tariff items 9503.00.23 and 9505.90.99.