The Ministry of Modernization enacted the Resolution No. 2-E / 2017 (the Resolution), by means of which it convenes to a new general public consultation with the purpose of receiving any opinions and/or suggestions to the Draft of Regulatory Decree regarding the Quality of Information and Communications Technology Services (ICTs) (the Regulatory Decree).
RELEVANT ASPECTS OF THE DRAFT OF THE REGULATORY DECREE:
- PURPOSE: It establishes the quality levels required for the provision of ICT Services;
- ICT SERVICES: Transport and signals of data's distribution through telecommunications networks (e.g. voice, text, video and images);
- TARGET INDIVIDUALS AND/LEGAL ENTITIES: ICT Services’ Providers who have more than 1000 Users provided through public wire and wireless networks, and
- COMPLIANCE: Mandatory in all the territory of the Argentine Republic.
CONTENT OF THE DRAFT OF THE REGULATORY DECREE:
- QUALITY INDICATORS: It establishes two types of Indicators:
(I) Customer Service: 9 (Nine) in total - Measured on a monthly basis and reported on a quarterly basis; and
(II) Network Functionality: 10 (Ten) in total - Measured daily, calculated monthly and reported quarterly.
- SYSTEM OF MEASUREMENT Implementation of a System of Measurement with regard to Quality Indicators.
(I) Documentation and updating' Obligations – Automatic functionality; and
(II) Statistic and indicative purpose: measurements will not imply any type of sanction to the provider.
- DATA’S CONSERVATION: Minimum term of 3 (Three) years.
- SERVICE PROVISION MAPS: Obligation to provide maps indicating the Area of Service Provision.
(I) Digital format; and
(II) Updating every 6 (Six) months.
INTERESTED PARTIES IN PARTICIPATING IN THE CONSULTATION:
- Proposals should be made as follows:
(I) In writing (printed copy);
(II) At the Ministry of Modernization (Av. Roque Sáenz Peña No. 511, 1st Floor, Office 120, Capital City of the Argentine Republic); and
(III) Within 20 (TWENTY) business days as of the publication of the Resolution in the Official Gazette of the Argentine Republic.