The signing of H.R. 1 (formerly known as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act) on 22 December 2017 marks the first major overhaul of the US tax code in over 30 years. The new law makes sweeping changes to the tax code, many of which are effective for tax years beginning after 31 December 2017. With the bill’s passage, Baker McKenzie has prepared a series of alerts providing an in-depth analysis of the bill and how it could impact multinational corporations.
North America Tax News and Developments - September 2019
We feature updates on two proposed regulations on cloud transactions and those involving digital content, victory for Schneider Electric, Amazon v. Commissioner, and more.
North America Tax News and Developments
We feature updates on FBAR penalty case, final regulations on S Corporation income, Notice 2018-99, QOZ FAQs and more.
North America Tax News and Developments - July 2019
This month's edition provides updates on the final and proposed GILTI regulations, developments under the Taxpayer First Act, an update on the Grecian Magnesite Mining v. ...
Treasury and IRS Release Final and Proposed Regulations on GILTI and the States Have Now Weighed In
Baker McKenzie's North America Tax Practice Group has prepared a Client Alert on the final and proposed regulations to GILTI that Treasury and the IRS released on June 14, 2019.
Treasury and IRS Release Temporary Regulations under Sections 245A and 954(c)(6)
Baker McKenzie's North America Tax Practice Group has prepared a Tax News and Developments Client Alert on the temporary regulations under sections 245A and 954(c)(6)
North America Tax News and Developments - June 2019
We feature updates on tax policy, how states will handle GILTI, PLR 201919008 under Section 355 and more.
- New Tax Law Could Incentivize Employees To Become Independent Contractors – Employers Should Proceed With Caution
- State Corporate Income Tax Considerations of Federal Tax Reform
- United States: Tax Reform – Restructuring & Insolvency Related Provisions – Part 2 – Cancellation of Debt Income
- The Latest on U.S. Tax Reform: November 17, 2017 Update – House and Senate Now Largely Aligned on Key Executive Compensation and Equity Award Proposals
- Compensation Update #1: House Ways and Means Committee Revisions & Senate Mark of Tax Cuts
- Proposed Tax Reform Bill Puts Compensation & Benefits in the Crosshairs
- Significant Impact on Equity-Based Compensation Under Proposed Tax Reform
Explore More Insight