Author: North America Tax Practice
In this issue:
- Is Congress Making Progress Towards Tax Reform? Or Are Congressional Republicans Moving Further Apart?
- IRS Refuses to Allow a Long Term Capital Loss on the Sale of a Subsidiary’s Stock
- Be Careful What You Ask For: Refunds of Foreign Tax Paid Trigger FTC Redeterminations, Even if Such Refund May Later be Found to Have Been Erroneous
- Wells Fargo Loses STARS Case, Penalty Imposed
- Proposed Partnership Audit Regulations Showcase Major Changes Starting in 2018
- A Real Pain in My “Cap A”
- Canada Signs Multilateral Instrument
- UK High Court Rejects Privilege Claims Relating to Internal Investigation: Implications for US and Canadian Taxpayers
- Taxpayers Should be Aware of Special FICA Refund Procedures Before Filing Refund Claims
- Kokesh v. SEC: Are Disgorgement Payments Still Deductible Under Code Section 162?
- Spousal Portability of Estate Tax Exclusion - Revenue Procedure 2017-34
- Colorado District Court Holds Economic Nexus Exists for a Minnesota Intangible Holding Company and Agrees to a Modified Alternative Apportionment Method
- The New California – Tax Administration and Appeals Agencies Revamped
Explore More Insight