On 20 July 2017, the Call for Bidders No. CNH-R02-C04/2017 was published in Mexico’s Federal Official Gazette. The call is a invite from the National Hydrocarbons Commission (CNH) to interested local and international private companies, and state productive companies, to participate in the international public tender (the Tender) for the award of hydrocarbon exploration and extraction license contracts for thirty contractual areas in deep waters.
The bidding rules, also published in the CNH Rondas website, contain (i) the technical, financial and experience requirements that must be met by interested parties to participate in the Tender, (ii) the calendar for the Tender process as well as (iii) the corresponding license contract model.
The most relevant dates included in the bidding rules are the following:
- Request to access the data room and payment of the corresponding fees: 20 July 2017 - 3 November 2017.
- Data Room Access: 20 July 2017 - 30 January 2018.
- Payment of registration fees and request of a pre-qualification meeting: 20 July 2017 - 3 November 2017.
- Submittal of pre-qualification documents: 6 November 2017 - 10 November 2017.
- Review by CNH of pre-qualification documents: 13 November 2017 - 15 December 2017.
- Publication of the list of pre-qualified interested parties: 20 December 2017.
- Period to request authorization to the CNH for admitted bidders: 11 January 2018 - 12 January 2018.
- Submittal and opening of proposals and declaration of awarded bidders: 31 January 2018.
- Official award: 2 February 2018.
- Execution of agreements: Within 90 calendar days following the publication of the award on the Federal Official Gazette.
Our Firm will keep you properly informed about the development of this bidding process that represents one of the most relevant steps towards the implementation of the Energy Reform in Mexico.