Global VAT/GST Newsletter
The September 2016 issue of the Global VAT/GST Newsletter provides updates from our Global VAT/GST practice on recent VAT and legal developments — both on a regional and a local country basis.
In this Issue:
- Bye-bye BT! Comprehensive VAT System to Cover All Industries
- Change in Intrastat reporting
- Conditions for the applications of Intra-Community VAT regime
- The activity of purchase and sale of ‘bitcoin’ virtual currency units is exempt from Italian VAT
- Italian Tax Authorities issued a ruling on the VAT treatment of on-line reservation services
- Goods and Services Tax ("GST) updates
- AG conclusion: Possible changes regarding the place of supply of live webcam sessions
- Amendment EU VAT Directive regarding the VAT treatment of vouchers
- VAT exemption for portfolio management: Advocate-General of the Dutch Supreme Court issues conclusion on the meaning of "specific State supervision"
- Dutch Supreme Court asks CJEU whether one or two VAT rates should apply to a single composite supply
- CJEU provides guidance on recovery of VAT on "mixed-use" purchases
- Russia reshapes the VAT landscape for Electronically Supplied Services: Impact of new rules on foreign businesses in B2B and B2C markets
- Brexit: What does it mean for UK VAT?
- Narrowing VAT refund and increasing Special Consumption Tax cost under amended tax law