The Collecting Societies Handbook, a subscription-free online guide created to help owners, managers and users of copyrighted works understand licensing regimes in the digital world, is jointly presented by Baker McKenzie and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
Now available as an online resource, the Collecting Societies Handbook features additional chapters on Africa, the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific and Latin America. Users can search for collecting societies by jurisdiction, activity, right holder, or name of collecting society, and find information on:
- Courts and other specialized bodies relevant to copyright licensing and dispute resolution
- Rights covered by key audio and audio-visual collecting societies or collective management organizations and corresponding types of licenses offered
- License rates, where available
- Contact details of collecting societies
- For firm-coordinated chapters, our copyright practitioners