Between maintaining business continuity and keeping your workforce safe, we know there's been little time for Midwest in-house counsel to track the rapidly changing employment law landscape.
Join us at the beautiful Chicago Botanic Gardens on January 11th for an in-person program, co-hosted by the North Shore Labor Counsel, to ensure you are up to speed on the top developments of 2023 and are prepared for what's on the horizon in 2024. In addition to hot breakfast, attendees can stay warm with our cozy hot cocoa bar or a specialty espresso drink from our coffee cart before we dive into the session!
What we will cover
The complimentary 90-minute, content-rich presentation will provide attendees with practical takeaways on the latest developments in employment, compensation and mobility, including:
- The rise of pay transparency and pay equity laws, including practical tips for employers in the face of Illinois’ upcoming requirement that employers include pay scale and benefits in job postings and new obligations for employers under amendments to the Illinois Equal Pay Act
- The benefits and dangers of AI in employment, including the Illinois Supreme Court’s recent Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA) decisions exposing employers to extensive liability and what employers can do to mitigate their exposure
- Highlights of Illinois “hot topics,” including the Illinois Paid Leave for All Workers Act, expansion of protections for striking workers, and new obligations for employers under amendments to the Illinois Day and Temporary Labor Services Act-and best practices for navigating these (and other) new Illinois laws
- The increasingly hostile noncompete landscape in the US and crucial considerations for utilizing noncompetes in the US and globally
- An update on the newest developments in global compensation
- Key updates on US immigration compliance and an outlook on employer sponsored immigration in the US and globally
We look forward to connecting with you!