2019 Tech Talk Silicon Valley - Focusing on Doing Business in the Digital Economy
Date & Time
As part of our Global "Tech Talk" series, we are delighted to invite you to our next Silicon Valley Tech Talk.
The Digital Economy is the new driver of change in the technology and other industries. Digital information is an ever valuable resource – but quality and analysis are constantly developing. As the digital economy impacts everywhere, the regulatory landscape is on watch to tackle evolution.
This engaging half-day event will be featuring succinct, practical and timely overviews of the most important global legal developments that are relevant to tech companies.
Topics to be addressed by our global panels will include:
- Global Privacy Update: Brazil, India, Japan, California Consumer Privacy Act, GDPR and more
- The biggest employment issues in tech now
- Nationalism, protectionism, trade laws - what to consider in global expansion, day-to-day contracting
- Platform liability: what international developments mean for US companies. (Developments in copyright, defamation, e-commerce and content regulation).
- Antitrust and Consumer Protection Compliance in the Global Technology Sector
- Cloud and technology contracts : negotiation insights
- Digital taxation for technology companies
- Corporate: data deals, focus on privacy compliance in data room, due diligence, SPA/APA
- Lunch and Keynote
- A deeper dive - Global Privacy Update: Brazil, India, Japan, California Consumer Privacy Act, GDPR and more
One-to-One Meetings in Silicon Valley
In order to give our attendees more "face time" with Baker McKenzie's global technology industry experts, we will be offering short, private one-to-one sessions on the same day of this event following the networking opportunities and keynote presentation over lunch. During registration, please briefly describe a question or topic you would like to discuss, as well as any particular jurisdictions of interest. We will contact you prior to the event to confirm your participation and to schedule a convenient time to meet.
We hope that you will be able to join us for this exciting event and look forward to welcoming you then.