2019 Tech Talk in Hong Kong
Date & Time
Mandarin Oriental Hotel
5 Connaught Road
Central, Hong Kong
As part of our Global "Tech Talk" series, we are delighted to invite you to our first Asia Pacific Tech Talk.
The Data Economy is the new driver of change in the technology and other industries. Digital information is an ever valuable resource – but quality and analysis is constantly developing. As the data economy impacts everywhere, the regulatory landscape is on watch to tackle evolution.
This engaging half-day briefing will feature succinct, practical and timely overviews of the most important global legal developments that are relevant to tech companies focusing on the Data Economy.
Topics to be addressed by our global panels will include:
- New infrastructures in the data economy: Smart cities, autonomous mobility and more
- Blockchain: Where the data economy can drive critical developments
- Impact of data privacy: Cybersecurity/Data Localisation/ Data Surveillance/ Data Ethics
- Doing deals in the data economy: The role of data in the transactional environment and the impact of data transfer on the restructuring of groups
- Big data and antitrust: Competition law issues in the data economy
- Future of work in the data economy: Employment issues in the data age
- Open data: Its impact on financial services transactions
- Digital taxation: A look at the shape of the international tax system as it attempts to reform itself to both digital and "brick and mortar" businesses
We are delighted to announce as our keynote speaker, Robert Koepp, Director of The Economist Corporate Network in Hong Kong. Robert has led research on the Network’s Asia Business Outlook Survey, China’s “One Belt, One Road” initiative, China’s sports industry, and the digital transformation of Asian economies. Robert’s previous executive positions include serving as Beijing-based Senior Vice President at ICR, a Wall Street investor relations firm, and as Managing Director at a Sino-foreign joint-venture of CITIC Group. Earlier, Robert had been also a Research Fellow at the Milken Institute and a World Bank-sponsored advisor to China’s Ministry of Science and Technology on technology cluster development.