Asia Pacific Risk and Crisis Management Symposium 2018
Date & Time
LocationBaker McKenzie office - Hutchison House, Central, Hong Kong
In today’s world, the rapid pace of how information is exchanged and disseminated means news about a particular event can affect an organization’s reputation and brand at a frightening speed. Geopolitical events, cyber threats, disruptive innovation, regulatory shifts, legal sanctions and changing demographics represent just a sampling of issues that may trigger significant legal and financial risks and liabilities for an organization.
Join Baker McKenzie partners from across Asia Pacific, alongside guest speakers, as we lead interactive plenary sessions on the following:
- What are the biggest risks that we see businesses in Asia face today?
- How can companies build effective risk and crisis management systems?
- How best to manage a crisis by handling multi-dimensional issues and stakeholder relationships?
- How often should companies assess the vulnerability of their anti-bribery, anti-corruption and compliance protocols? What risks do changing regulations in this arena pose?
The symposium will also feature specialist breakout sessions discussing key risks we see emerging from new market trends and technologies in the e-commerce space, as well as how teams can better identify and plan for transactional risks. Some of the topics that will be addressed include:
- Given the rapid growth of the e-commerce sector, what are the key challenges of competing online?
- What are the key considerations that should be monitored during a due diligence process?
- How can you better allocate risk in deal documents?
- How do you plan for a non-contentious exit?
Understanding your risk is not enough – developing an inventory of responses to your top risks can mean the difference between success and failure. To help bring things to life and share practical best practices, our panel will also talk through a case study of how a company deals with a crisis in the form of a global regulatory investigation, commencing with a dawn raid.
We look forward to having you and your peers join us for an insightful discussion.
If you are interested to attend, please email Samia Choudhury.
AP Senior Marketing Manager
T: +65 6434 2691
AP Business Development Manager
T: +65 6434 2678
We also have a Risk and Crisis Management event in Tokyo. To find out more, click here.