Deferred Prosecution Agreements are coming to Canada. Are you prepared?
Date & Time
Location181 Bay Street, Suite 2100
Toronto, ON M5J 2T3
Join our global practitioners on Thursday, 14 June for a Deferred Prosecution Agreement Roundtable to gain important insights on:
- The impact that Bill C-74 will have on corporate criminal law in Canada;
- How the Canadian DPA system (which will be known as the Remediation Agreement Regime) will work in practice and how it will impact the Integrity Regime;
- The critical lessons learned from negotiating DPAs in other jurisdictions;
- Strategies for self-disclosure and dealing with parallel multinational investigations, multiple enforcement agencies, and global settlement negotiations; and
- Designing compliance programs and conducting effective internal investigations to ensure your company qualifies for a DPA.
You will hear from Baker McKenzie lawyers who have deep experience in these areas, including at the UK's Serious Fraud Office, the US Department of Justice, the Crown Attorney’s office, and the highest levels of the Canadian government. Our multijurisdictional team has negotiated DPAs in the US, made self-disclosures in the UK, and worked with the RCMP and Public Prosecution Service to resolve allegations of corporate criminal misconduct in Canada.
In addition, we’ll discuss best practices for implementing effective corporate compliance programs.
Hear from our experts to ensure you are prepared for the new regime.