Asia Pacific Risk and Crisis Management Symposium
Date & Time
LocationMarina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Centre
1 Bayfront Avenue
In today’s world, the rapid pace of how information is exchanged and disseminated means news about a particular event can affect an organization’s reputation and brand at a frightening speed. Geopolitical events, cyber threats, disruptive innovation, regulatory shifts, legal sanctions and changing demographics represent just a sampling of issues that may trigger significant legal and financial risks and liabilities for an organization.
Join Baker McKenzie partners from across the Asia Pacific region, alongside guest industry and subject matter speakers, as we lead interactive plenary sessions on the following:
- What are the biggest risks that we see businesses in Asia face today?
- How can companies build effective risk and crisis management systems?
- How best to manage a crisis by handling multi-dimensional issues and stakeholder relationships
- How can companies assess the vulnerability of their compliance protocols to identify and address risk? What are regulators' expectations in relation to risk assessments? What risks do changing regulations in this arena pose?
The symposium will also feature specialist breakout sessions discussing key risks we see emerging from new market trends and technologies in the healthcare and manufacturing industries, as well as how teams can better identify and plan for transactional risks. Some of the topics that will be addressed include:
- Given the rapid digitalization and technological advancements in the healthcare industry, what are the risks when competing online?
- When considering HealthTech innovation, where does liability lie and what are the data security obligations?
- In the evolving world of ridesharing, riderless cars and connected cars, what are the key compliance, liability and licensing risks?
- What are the key considerations that should be monitored during a due diligence process?
- How can you better allocate risk in deal documents?
- How do you plan for a non-contentious exit?
Understanding your risk is not enough – developing an inventory of responses to your top risks can mean the difference between success and failure. To help bring things to life and share practical best practices, our panel will also talk through a case study of how a company deals with a crisis in the form of a global regulatory investigation, commencing with a dawn raid.
For more information, please contact:
AP Business Development Manager
AP Events Consultant