Creating and Maintaining a Culture of Inclusion
Creating a diverse and inclusive workforce is a business imperative for global employers. A diverse and inclusive workforce enables a wider talent pool, helping to plug skills gaps, drive innovation, enhance profitability and improve competitiveness. We are seeing a continued push by employees calling for greater transparency and action from businesses to eliminate inequality. Likewise, investors are becoming more focused on the issue and intensifying media attention is continuing to advance the global conversation around diversity and inclusion.
"In the case of ethnic and cultural diversity, top-quartile companies outperformed those in the fourth one by 36% in profitability, with the likelihood of outperformance higher for diversity in ethnicity than for gender."
How we can help
The advancing conversation around inclusion and diversity is resulting in new and strengthened regulation globally. At Baker McKenzie, we have vast experience helping companies examine how effective their strategies are in addressing inequality while helping put a plan in place to create a level playing field that works for both employers and employees, protecting reputations, maintaining compliance throughout jurisdictions and litigating when necessary.
Find out more about Baker McKenzie's commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Compliance Audits and Strategic Action Plans
- Inclusion and Diversity. We can help you take a comprehensive look at where your company stands in relation to numerous inclusion and diversity trends and regulations. Our custom compliance audits can be completed online in a secure environment or downloaded and completed in hard copy.
- Equal Pay Audits and Risk Management. We can undertake local and multi-jurisdictional pay audits (including our own in-house analysis of data) to identify potential exposure, and advise on strategies to reduce legal risk. We can also advise on compensation policies and practices, train your workforce (including managers, recruiters and others involved in making compensation decisions).
"There is still a 31.4% average gender gap that remains to be closed globally."
Diversity Program Policies and Practices
"Companies in the top-quartile for gender diversity on executive teams were 21% more likely to outperform on profitability and 27% more likely to have superior value creation."
Customized Workforce Training
- Anti-Discrimination / Anti-Harassment
- Global Respect and Dignity
- HR Data Management
- HR Disability Accommodations
- Internal Investigations Training for HR
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for Managers and Employees
- Promoting and Creating an Inclusive Workplace