We represent many of the world's most successful and well-recognized brands, providing legal advice with a respect for commercial reality in relation to the use of both traditional and new media platforms to reach, serve and expand their markets.
We understand our clients need to both promote and protect their brands and accomplishing these goals is critical to our clients’ abilities to be competitive and successful. Brand promotions start in many cases long before products or services are made available to consumers, and we help our clients at every stage of this process — from the generation of ideas, to proactive promotions and claims review, challenges to advertising claims and beyond.
We help companies navigate the development, substantiation, approval, risk management and defense of digital, print and broadcast advertising and promotional content to ensure compliance with intellectual property laws, laws concerning rights of privacy and publicity, local regulations, rules of self-regulatory entities and industry guidelines and best practices — all provided with the benefit of our experience gained across a wide range of industries.
How We Can Help
- Advise on green and other eco-friendly advertising claims
- Negotiating sponsorship contracts, including talent and celebrity endorsement agreements, product placement and commercial production agreements, joint promotion agreements and music and property licensing agreements
- Drafting releases and licenses for the online use of music, talent and various audio and visual materials and providing counsel on liability issues for online content providers
- Compliance with consumer protection laws as well as industry specific regulations and guidelines
- Representation of clients in courts or before self-regulatory bodies in connection with advertising and marketing claims
- Review of labelling and promotional materials for compliance with regulatory requirements and advertising regulations
- Advice on the substantiation and qualification of comparative claims and claims based on research, testing or consumer survey data