At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 6,000 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 77 offices worldwide and five (5) Service Centers, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm.
The Washington. D.C. Office of Baker & McKenzie seeks and experienced Librarian to join our Library Services Team.
The Librarian will manage and execute the Office information and research services within the context of the Firm's Information and Research and Knowledge strategies; to work with the Library Manager, Country Knowledge Partner, and local knowledge team. The Librarian will act as the local point of contact for information and research requests and enquiries. The current focus on the role is research.
Duties for this role will include:
- Service Orientation - maintains and builds strong relationships with both internal and external clients. Demonstrates value through effective communication with stakeholders and key relationships.
- Knowledge & Expertise - understands and promotes the role and functionality of the firm's content and information repositories and resources. Manage the procurement of local information resources in alignment with Product Management policies. Manage the relationship with local external information vendors. Delivers the Office information resources training plan, linked to GPG/GIG information and research strategy, working with the Expert function and Service Centres provides full information and KM resource training support. Develops, delivers, and assesses learning opportunities that prepare trainees, lawyers, and others for workplace excellence.
- People Management - collaborative, supportive, team player working with other in market Librarians and the wider Information & Research and KM communities.
- Work Management - supports and participates in the adoption and use of KM and Library systems. Participates in and leads projects as requested. Aware of and participates in firm's goals. Participates in setting and aligning KM goals with PG goals, managing resources, and evaluating use. Reports on usage and space management.
Requirements for this role:
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Strong, relevant experience of knowledge, information and research in professional services environment
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, build strong relationships, communicate effectively, comfortable working in large, complex environment, highly credible and persuasive
- Strong management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize to meeting deadlines
- Law firm experience a plus