Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional and Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Travel and Expense Analyst will maintain the Travel and Expense (T&E) reimbursement process which includes the Corporate Credit Card program as well as the Chrome River expense reimbursement tool and to be responsible for adherence to the Firm's T&E policies and procedures.
- Manage day to day administration of Corporate Credit Card Program including card issuance, credit limits, merchant blocking and program issues in compliance with the Firm's T&E policy
- Manage day to day administration of the Chrome River expense reimbursement system including validation of daily Chrome River interfaces with SAP, new user on-boarding and address operational issues
- Responsible for auditing of select expense reports for violation of policy, issue resolution, or questions regarding the expense management programs
- Identify and escalate issues to P2P leadership to work with Human Resources, Executive Leadership, and Audit regarding policy violation or fraud
- Escalate functional and operational issues of Corporate Card and ChromeRiver to Technology support organization and P2P leadership when necessary
- Provide reporting (annual, monthly and weekly standards as well as ad hoc) to P2P management on policy review, issues, delinquencies, fraud, suspect vendors, spend patterns, trends, system operations, etc.
- When necessary, processes expense report reimbursements in Chrome River, including requests for authorization/approval, data validation to check accuracy and completeness of details prior to posting
- Deliver feedback to P2P leaders on suggested policies and procedures to gain efficiencies and overall compliance with expense management tools and platforms
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Graduate of any business-related course, preferably Accounting or Finance
- Good relevant work experience in finance and/or accounting
- Experience of handling billing and/or accounting for a Process Outsourcing firm is a significant advantage
- Experience of Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience of any legal billing software
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) and written proficiency in English
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfill their professional aspirations with us.