Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Senior Manager (Corporate): Legal Services will be responsible for a wide variety of matters, reporting to the Associate Director of the Transaction Support Group, and will work with the Firm's lawyers around the world to deliver large scale projects to set timescales.
- Work with the management of the Tampa Center and the Firm's Alternative Legal Services team to develop a world-class center of excellence for the support of the Firm's clients and attorneys across the globe. This will include:
- assisting with the building and developing of a strong team of attorneys and other legal professionals; and
- internal and external business development aspects to grow work flow and awareness throughout the Firm
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues in the Firm's Center in Tampa and with partners and lawyers in all sectors/departments in a variety of jurisdictions
- Work with and provide support to other teams within the Tampa Center (including but not limited to the dispute support services team and legal project management teams)
- Work with the Firm's lawyers in connection with transactional projects, often across multiple jurisdictions and provide support to a variety of the Firm's practice groups. This may include assisting with:
- projects relating to M&A; Corporate and Securities; Cross-Border Integrations, Re-structuring/Re-organizations; Capital Markets; Energy, Mining and Infrastructure; and Banking/Financing and Refinancing; and
- work product such as: due diligence in the form of contract review (contract charting) and/or preparation of due diligence reports; step lists preparation plus coordination/management in respect of such items; integrated document execution and closing activities; drafting of legal documentation including preparation and roll out of transaction ancillary documentation (e.g. corporate authorizations)
- Supervise and train teams of attorneys and other legal professionals across a variety of matters, such as projects in the areas listed above
- Contribute to the identification of innovative services and methods to assist in achieving efficiencies and continual process improvement including developing innovative use of IT platforms and know-how databases
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
- J.D. from an ABA qualified school, Florida Bar Admission and significant experience in legal practice as a qualified attorney with excellent academics credentials
- Experience of managing high performing teams
- Extensive experience in corporate/M&A, including transaction exposure and due diligence/review projects from a strong corporate/commercial firm
- Experience in liaising with clients and legal practitioners on technology assisted review
- Ability to review, analyse and organize documentary and factual evidence
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools
- High work standards and flexible work practices
- Excellent writing, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong client service orientation
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own workload
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually
- Keen to develop and use initiative, and has a proactive approach to challenges
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.